BREAST AUGMENTATION, also known as an augmentation mammaplasty or breast enlargement, is a surgical procedure to enhance the size and shape of the breasts. This is one of the most commonly requested procedures with an extremely high overall satisfaction rate.
Refinements in surgical and anaesthetic techniques along with major advances in breast implant technology have and will continue to impact favorably on the safety and reliability of the procedure.
Reasons why patients request breast augmentations:
Enlarging the breasts to make the body more proportional
- You consider your breasts too small or under-developed
- You believe your figure would be better proportioned, particularly with respect to your hip size.
- You are limited with clothing choices and / or find it difficult to buy underwear or swimwear
Reshaping and enlarging breasts that have lost their shape
- After pregnancy or breast-feeding
- Associated with ageing or weight loss
- Balancing breasts that differ in size or shape
- Failure of development / tuberous breasts
Besides the positive aesthetic outcome following a breast augmentation I find that my patients enjoy substantial psychological benefits, including enhanced self-esteem.