How Kelo-Cote Works
Kelo-cote® has been clinically proven to reduce the redness, hardness, elevation, itch and pain associated with scars. It is safe and effective for scars resulting from surgery, trauma, or burns. Kelo-cote® will help to reduce scars and restore confidence.
Kelo-cote® gel self-dries to a waterproof, gas permeable membrane that acts like an extra layer of skin. It helps to soften, flatten and smooth the scar while maintaining the moisture balance and elasticity of the adjacent skin.
Kelo-cote® silicone gel makes effective scar reduction easy.
Here are some of the many benefits:
- Transparent and odourless
- Softens and flattens raised scars
- Reduces redness and discolouration
- Relieves itching and discomfort associated with scars
- Kelo-cote acts like a second layer of skin, providing 24 hour efficacy
- Easy and painless to apply, no removal necessary, self dries to an invisible, breathable sheet within 4-5 minutes
- Cosmetics or sun block can be applied once Kelo-cote has dried
- Suitable for use in children, patients with sensitive skin
- No skin irritation or maceration*
* Maceration: when the skin becomes pale, moist, wrinkled and soggy.
How to apply Kelo-cote:
- Ensure affected area is dry and clean
- Apply a very thin layer of Kelo-cote gel to the scar
- Allow to dry before placing clothing, compression garments, sunscreen or make up over the area
- Apply Kelo-cote twice a day for a recommended 3 month period
- Large or older scars may need longer than the 3 month period
Avoid direct contact with eyes, mucous membranes, third degree burns and open wounds.
If irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult your physician.
Kelo-cote may stain clothing if not completely dry.